Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Innocent Man

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

I don't watch many Korean Dramas, but when I do I get SO, INCOMPREHENSIBLY obsessed over them (except maybe Flower Boy Next Door).

My first Korean drama was My Girl which was really good. I watched it with Fatin Raihana, having borrowed the cd from Farhanah (I think, I really don't remember).
Then it was Boys Over Flowers which I spent my nights watching till 3am. Oh BOF was the drama that had me sucked into the world of Kpop. I searched for the soundtrack and consecutively discovered SS501 which then had me obsess over Kim Hyun Joong.
And my obsession towards Joongie has never subsided. Everytime I see his face at The Face Shop, my heart does a little dance and I go all *heart eyes*.
So due to my obsession for Joongie, I watched Playful Kiss which was actually boring but I really enjoyed mostly because of my Joongie hahahaha. I had a HUGE obsession for Playful Kiss masa tu. My tumblr was literally full with the drama.
When I entered MRSM, my obsession towards all the Kdramas had died down a little. I tried watching My Girlfriend is a Gumiho but I never finished it since I had so much stuff to do (which reminds me; I should rewatch that).

I vowed to myself that I won't be watching anymore Kdramas since I wanted to avoid being obsessed over it.
Alas, my best friends succeeded in making me start watching it again.
Fatin Raihana told me to watch Flower Boy Next Door, which in the beginning was very promising but over time, seemed to have no storyline. It was dull and I don't really know where the climax was and everything.

THEN, Asma and Farhanah told me to watch Nice Guy/Innocent Man. And I cannot tell you how utterly crazy I am about it.
I just finished watching it this morning at 3am cause I believed if I didn't finish it I couldn't sleep peacefully.

(As I am typing this I am listening to Really - Song Joong Ki)

Synopsis of The Innocent Man (you should skip this part though)



The drama is about a medical student, Kang Ma Ru (Joong Ki) who has been in love with Han Jae Hee (Si-yeon) since he was small. Things go bad when Jae Hee accidentally murders a man who tried to rape her. Ma Ru then takes the blame for the murder and is sentenced to prison for 5 years. While Ma Ru is in prison, Jae Hee betrays Ma Ru and chooses to live her life with a rich CEO.

6 years later, Ma Ru is out of prison and works as a bartender and a gigolo. He then meets Seo Eun-gi (Chae-won) who happens to be Jae Hee's stepdaughter. Eun-gi is intrigued by Ma-ru who decides to use Eun-gi to get revenge on Jae Hee. Eun-gi then falls in love with Ma-ru but later on discovers that she is being used so she breaks up with him.

Eun-gi, full of pain purposely crashes her car into Ma-ru's and loses her memories. 11 months later, Eun-gi and Ma-ru meet again and I guess I'll leave the synopsis here.
___________________________________________________________________________

I highly recommend you to watch the drama. It's about betrayal, revenge and also romance. The thing I like the most about it, is because it's not so lovey-dovey. The end of each episode leaves you wanting more. The acting is phenomenal because you can really feel the emotions in the drama. It made me so tense and pained me when I was watching especially during the scenes which involved Jae Hee who is such a money-crazed, selfish bitch.

The drama was also balanced, not being too heavy as Jae Gil (Kwang-soo), Ma-ru's best friend added the humour to it along with Choco - Ma-ru's younger sister. I really enjoyed Jae Gil's personality who is both humorous and serious. I cried when he was devastated over Ma-ru's illness.

And how most dramas are predictable, this one really wasn't. It left me questioning why the characters did certain actions and what they were actually feeling. The thing I questioned most was if Ma-ru genuinely loved Eun-gi because you really couldn't be certain by the things he was doing.

The ending though was really unsatisfying, it left me wanting much more out of it, but I was mostly happy with it I guess. I really don't want to spoil it for those who haven't watched yet.

My obsession with the drama has started.

This was my favourite part, Ma-ru and Eun-gi were walking towards each other ever so slowly and I was thumping my hand on my bed saying: "CEPAT LAH CEPAT LAH QUICK QUICK". I'm not even kidding.



Eun Gi asked me. At that time, in the tunnel… why didn’t I avoid the car? Even though I told Eun Gi that I don’t remember, I remember the reason very clearly. At the time, I was exhausted by the world and by my lot in life, and this present life of mine even if it ended this way, I thought it wouldn’t make a difference. And that in the next life, I would definitely meet Eun Gi and then the ordinary kind of love that everyone does, the simple kind of love that regardless of who they are and what they do in the world get to experience. That ordinary kind of love. I want to start all over again. This is what I think I prayed to God. And I’ll definitely meet Eun Gi in the next life. When I do, I want to date like others, and be able to love like others. I want to start all over again. I think I prayed for those things. What kind of person she is… I would ask those who know her. And at times, I’d hang around outside her house. And at times, because I want to look good in front of her, I’d learn the old school “trot” dance that her father likes. And learn baduk and learn how to eat all different kinds of foods without being picky. And at times, I’d memorize all the songs of her favorite pop artists. And at times, I’d go to the place she frequents and wait for her the whole day. I’d tell her I miss her if I miss her and I’d say I long for her when I do I’d feel excitement, and gratitude. To date like other people, I think I prayed for it. And I… say my prayers again. Thank you. Now I’m… happy.” 




Honestly, I don't think Joong Ki's good at singing but this song is nice.

2 comments:

  1. Kay serious terjerit sikit bila susu post maru's ending quotes. I think I need to rewatch this drama. Bukan 'want' kay, 'need' ! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA FARA, comel gila kan his ending quotes macam WHOA. ughhhh

      Delete