Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lessons

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

It tremendously bothers me when people keep saying things like this to me

  • You're clever, you don't need to study
  • You're clever, you don't need to be scared for the exams

etcetera etcetera, you probably know because either you have said it or it has been said to you. It is annoying. I repeat, IT IS ANNOYING. So I kindly ask you to stop saying such things. 
And I am not trying to imply that I am clever or a brainiac because I am most certainly not.

Well enough with the ranting, I'll get to my point now.
What bothers me even more though is when people don't work hard enough for what they want but when they get results which do not meet their expectations (or should I say hopeless dreams), they complain and blame everything other than themselves. They make remarks such as the ones above (You're clever you don't need to study bla bla bla) but disbelievingly continue to waste precious time.

Honestly. Failures are meant to teach you, meant to correct the things you shouldn't have done, NOT to give you misery for fun. When you make a mistake, you learn from it and stop doing it. 
There are also some who envy successful people pointlessly because they themselves don't want to get off their lazy bums and work harder. Do you think that successful people achieve what they had easily? They endured a lot of pain to succeed. Remarks such as "Kau pandai boleh lah" or "Kau kaya boleh lah" aren't going to benefit you at all.

Change your mindset. Man jadda wajada. You've got to stop all the whining and shit and start working hard if you want to achieve those dreams of yours. 

Dreams + Determination + Hard Work = Success
_______________________________________________

"...Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves..." (Surah Ar- Ra'd:11)

1 comment: