Friday, March 16, 2012

The Hunger Games

Assalamualaikum! I think my holidays this time was well-spent. My homeworks are NEARLY finished. And I completed 2 novels (one BM and one English). I'm feeling quite satisfied with myself, and very glad that I haven't just wasted my time doing... um, stuff that wastes time, haha.

So I have just finished reading a novel, jeng jeng jeng, which is, THE HUNGER GAMES!



This book has been adapted into a film which will be released I don't know when, but I shall of course watch it. The trailer makes the film look highly appealing and hopefully it will be good. Click here for the trailer.
I highly recommend the book. It's quite moving and centred on a very serious topic.

The story is set in the country of Panem (in a post-apocalyptic world) where the countries of North America once existed.
Long ago, a war broke out when the 13 districts in Panem rebelled against the Capitol. The Capitol won and the 13th district was fully obliterated. The Hunger Games were devised as a reminder to the districts to not rebel. It is an annual event where one boy and one girl aged 12 to 18 from each of the 12 districts are selected by lottery to compete.
The story is centered around Katniss Everdeen from District 12 who voluntereed to replace her sister in The Hunger Games.

I promise you, it's very addictive. I can't wait to finish off the other 2 sequels.

Soooo, school holidays are coming to an end and I feel quite sick thinking about it. After a week of home, I'm starting to despise my days in TGB where all we do is endless studying. Sighs and more sighs.
How I would love to hide myself here at home, ignoring the fact that I have SPM to take and more tests and exams in school and more homeworks to complete. An endless cycle.
And it ain't even going to get better when I get out of school. College, university, getting married, having a job?
I'm not a child anymore.

"As for those who believed and did righteous deeds, for them will be the Gardens of Refuge as accommodation for what they used to do." (32:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment