Monday, July 13, 2015

Adjustments

It has been exactly two weeks that I've been back in my home country.
It's funny how (not even) a year of being in the United States has needed me to adjust to some things that are different.

Customer service here has really caught me off guard. I guess I've expected it, but it has been so hard for me to accept that they just never smile back at you no matter how much you smile at them and that no matter how polite you are they are just never going to seem like they want to give you the time of day. I don't mean to overgeneralize because of course not all customer service people are like that but yes.

And don't even mention driving in Malaysia. The first time I drove here after I came back, I was seriously scared??? I can't even pinpoint what it is, but driving here makes me feel like I'm in danger all the time. And the traffic jams oh god.

Even small things like the light switch for bathrooms being outside the bathroom as opposed to inside has made it into the list of things I need to adjust to.
And the pizza!!! I was super shocked to see how small a large pizza is.

And while there may be things that I am not really fond of (like having to pay with cash for everything), I am glad to be back home. Even though it basically means staying at home all the time and not doing anything, watching Netflix 24/7, it's good.
(But also can't wait to go back hoMe)

No comments:

Post a Comment