Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hijab

When Nobel laureate Tawakul Karman was asked about her Hijab by Journalists and how it is not proportionate with her level of intellect and education, she replied:

“Man in the early times was almost naked, and as his intellect evolved he started wearing clothes. What I am today and what I’m wearing represents the highest level of thought and civilization that man has achieved, and is not regressive. It’s the removal of clothes again that is regressive back to ancient times”

Kadang kadang people ask me, (mostly non-Muslims lah) if I get hot wearing hijab. Isn't it uncomfortable? And whatever else.
Well, it may get a teensy bit hot when I wear it, but it is sure a million times hotter in hell.

I am so so thankful that I'm wearing the hijab and learning to cover my aurat - not just wearing the hijab.
There's a big difference between that. Wearing hijab doesn't mean you're covering your aurat, but covering your aurat definitely means you're wearing the hijab.
Even in the Quran, it tells women to cover the chest with the hijab:

"And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed." (Surah An-Nur: 31)

We, as Muslims should always try to be a better slave to Allah.
I don't claim to be a paragon and I ain't claiming that I cover my aurat perfectly, but I'm trying and I just hope more women will realise the importance of covering their aurat.
To me, a woman is most beautiful when she is covering her aurat.

No comments:

Post a Comment